I am happy to have an essay, “Dead Baby, Imperfect Baby: A Meditation with Dolls” included in the wonderful new anthology How to Expect What You’re Not Expecting, edited by Jessica Hiemstra and Lisa Martin-DeMoor out from TouchWood Editions in the fall of 2013.
recent and forthcoming Writing
essay Dead Baby, Imperfect Baby: A Meditation with Dolls”
review Carmen Rodrigues’s “Retribution”
Read my review of Carmen Rodrigues’s novel Retribution in the Literary Review of Canada.
review “not being on a boat” and “The Water Man’s Daughter”
My review of two novels, Esme Claire Keith’s not being on a boat, and Emma Ruby-Sachs’s The Water Man’s Daughter will be published in the upcoming issue of Event magazine.
review “Every Time We Say Goodbye”
Read my review of Jamie Zeppa’s novel “Every Time We Say Goodbye” in the Literary Review of Canada.
Story “Something about the Animal”
and accompanying essay in The New Quarterly 118
Also check out my comments in the Who’s Reading What section of their website:
- Story, “A Little Winter,” story in Best Canadian Stories 2010 (Oberon Press, 2011)
- Essay, “Truth, Dare, Kiss, Command or Promise: Fragments of a Life” in What My Father Gave Me (Annick Press, 2010) and Perfectly Secret (Annick Press, 2004)
- Poems in White Ink: Poems about Motherhood (Demeter Press, 2008)
- Essay “Acting Lessons” in You Be Me (Annick Press, 2002)
- Essay “In the Absence of Grace” in Beyond the Small Circle: Dropped Threads 3 (Random House, 2006)
- Story “That’s My Girl” in eye wuz here (Douglas and McIntyre, 1995)